The Hidden Tribe
- Description: Boucherouite is a one-of-a-kind vintage recycled rag rug. Berber women who cannot afford wool would use worn out clothes or rugs to create these rugs. While the initial reason behind the making of these carpets was necessity, nowadays and due to market demand more and more berber women are making them to satisfy the customer demand of such retro items.
- Origin: Zayane region.
- Dimension: 455cm/157cm 180inches/62inches
- Technique: Pile knot weave.
- Decoration: Purple monochrome field. Bright yellow border.
- Knot style: Symmetric
- Wool velvet: Orange
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Yarn
- Wrap: White
- Weft: Purple for the field, yellow for the main border.
- Bottom end: stopped by a horizontal white braid.
- Top end: Finished by an assemblage of yellow threads into little fringes and a horizontal white thread.