The Hidden Tribe
Dimension: 2.82m X 0.90m - 9'3" X 3'0"
- Description: Boucherouite is a one-of-a-kind vintage recycled rag rug. Berber women who cannot afford wool would use worn out clothes or rugs to create these rugs. While the initial reason behind the making of these carpets was necessity, nowadays and due to market demand more and more berber women are making them to satisfy the customer demand of such retro items.
- Origin: Zayane region.
- Technique: Pile knot weave.
- Decoration: Multicolor motifs.
- Knot style: Symmetric
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Yarn
- Wrap: White
- Weft: multicolor.
- Bottom end: stopped by a horizontal teal braid.
- Top end: Finished by an assemblage of white threads into little fringes and a horizontal white thread.