The Hidden Tribe
- Description: Boucherouite is a one-of-a-kind vintage recycled rag rug. Berber women who cannot afford wool would use worn out clothes or rugs to create these rugs. While the initial reason behind the making of these carpets was necessity, nowadays and due to market demand more and more berber women are making them to satisfy the customer demand of such retro items.
- Origin: Zayane region.
- Dimension: 215cm/150cm 85inches/60inches
- Technique: Pile knot weave.
- Decoration: Burgundy monochrome field. Blue, yellow, teal and orange motifs.
- Knot style: Symmetric
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Yarn
- Wrap: White
- Weft: Burgundy for the field, Blue, yellow, teal and orange for the motifs.
- Bottom end: stopped by a horizontal teal braid.
- Top end: Finished by an assemblage of white threads into little fringes and a horizontal white thread.