The Hidden Tribe
Meaning: The midwife.
- Description: Boucherouite is a one-of-a-kind vintage recycled rag rug. Berber women who cannot afford wool would use worn out clothes or rugs to create these rugs. While the initial reason behind the making of these carpets was necessity, nowadays and due to market demand more and more berber women are making them to satisfy the customer demand of such retro items.
- Origin: Zayane region.
- Dimension: 180cm/96cm 71inches/38inches
- Technique: Pile knot weave.
- Decoration: Purple monochrome field. Bright yellow border.
- Knot style: Symmetric
- Wool velvet: Orange
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Yarn
- Wrap: White
- Weft: multicolor for the field, black for the main border.
- Bottom end: stopped by a horizontal grey and white braid.
- Top end: Finished by an assemblage of multicolor threads into little fringes and a horizontal white and grey thread.