The Hidden Tribe
- Type: Pile Knot Rug
- Origin: Zemmouria.
- Technique: Pile Knot weave
- Decoration and Symbology: In this carpet the weaver placed eight pointed stars all over the carpet, a female element made of a combination of three symbols: X motif (fertility), M motif (women's uterus), W symbol (women's breasts) . The entire carpet is about fertility and women-hood. The male's elements surround the carpet for protection (straight lines) filled with Hamsa which is another protective element from the evil eye..
- Knot style: Berber
- Wool velvet: Red
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Wool
- Wrap: Red
- Weft: Red for the field, Orange, Black and Green for the eight pointed stars.
- Bottom end: Finished by an assemblage of threads into braided fringes and a horizontal black thread (chevron style).
- Top end: Finished by an assemblage of threads into braided fringes and a horizontal Red thread (chevron style).
Care and Cleaning:
The kind of rug (Flat-weave, Knotted…etc)
The foot traffic
The rugs placement (Floor, sofa, or wall)