The Hidden Tribe
- Type: Super soft chenille Moroccan rug with little fringes on one end. This light-weight piece is perfect for an entryway or draped over a bed or sofa. Also makes a stunning wall hanging! This item is made with chenille. Chenille fabric has a velvet feel.
- Origin: Mrirt region.
- Technique: This rug is woven in the flatweave style using a wooden vertical loom. The motifs are sewn in after the carpet is made.
- Decoration: Black monochrome field. Red, black, white, blue, teal, and motifs. Black and white border.
- Symbology: The
- Knot style: Symmetric
- Wool velvet: Black
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Chenille
- Wrap: Black
- Weft: Black for the field, black and white for the main border.
- Bottom end: stopped by a horizontal black braid (chevron effect)
- Top end: Finished by an assemblage of threads into closed line and a horizontal black thread (chevron style).