The Hidden Tribe
Meaning: Hair bangs
- Type: Pile Knot Rug
- Origin: Beni Ourain.
- Technique: Pile Knot weave
- Decoration and Symbology: In this carpet the weaver placed a diamond (made of little diamonds) inside a ladder frame on top of an Off-White field. The frame is the male element, represented by a ladder in the right and left sides while the top and bottom is made of black and off-white triangles (female element representing the vulva) outlined by a straight line (male element).
- Knot style: Berber
- Wool velvet: Off-White
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Wool
- Wrap: Off-White
- Weft: Off-White for the field, black for the diamonds and the frame.
- Bottom end: Finished by an assemblage of threads into braided fringes and a horizontal black thread (chevron style).
- Top end: Finished by an assemblage of threads into braided fringes and a horizontal black thread (chevron style).