The Hidden Tribe
Meaning: She of the tents
Category: Zayane Rug
Weaving Method: In order to to make a Hanbel, the weaver has to use the falt-weaving for the background and the knotted for the decorative symbols.
Flat weave involves strands of weft yarn laced in and out of the warp threads and beaten down to make a close, even textile. This technique was widely used for the rugs of the hot lowland and desert areas of Morocco. There are no knots, so flat-weave rugs lay thinner than pile carpet but may feature very intricate designs. Stripes and chevrons are common designs, but fine weavers create rugs that almost resemble tapestries in their complexity. The patterns can be varied with the addition of knotted or embroidered sections, and colors range from vivid hues to undyed natural whites, off-whites, grays, browns and blacks.
Colors: Blue, white, orange, pink, yellow, and black.
Material: Berber Wool.
- Intermittence of bands displaying a chaines of female elements (Diamonds, half diamonds, chevrons, procreation motifs, X symbol...etc) designed using male elements (straight lines, ladders, zigzags)
- This rug is a celebration of a new born a display of the woman's fertility (Diamonds and X symbols)
- The X signs surrounded by four little squares are a representation of the new born.
- The diamonds (female element synonym of women’s uterus and fertility) are made of little diamonds and hatched lines. The hatched lines are male elements symbolizing man’s virility.
- Knot style: Symmetric
- Material: Berber Wool
- Wrap: Pink
- Weft: Pink
- Pile Knotted Decorations: Pink, Green, Yellow, Black, Red, and White
- Bottom end: Finished by a horizontal pink thread (chevron style).
- Top end: Finished by a horizontal pink thread (chevron style).
- Decor ideas: This is what we call a "Conversation Piece", it can be used as a rug as well as a wall art. The sequins will reflect the light from those candles during a romantic dinner and the color splash adds an eclectic and classy feel to any space.
Care and Cleaning:
The kind of rug (Flat-weave, Knotted…etc)
The foot traffic
The rugs placement (Floor, sofa, or wall)
Dimensions: 2.95m 1.86m