The Hidden Tribe
Meaning: The plain
Category: Bni Mguild Rug
Weaving Method: In order to to make a Hanbel, the weaver has to use the falt-weaving for the background and the knotted for the decorative symbols.
Flat weave involves strands of weft yarn laced in and out of the warp threads and beaten down to make a close, even textile. This technique was widely used for the rugs of the hot lowland and desert areas of Morocco. There are no knots, so flat-weave rugs lay thinner than pile carpet but may feature very intricate designs. Stripes and chevrons are common designs, but fine weavers create rugs that almost resemble tapestries in their complexity. The patterns can be varied with the addition of knotted or embroidered sections, and colors range from vivid hues to undyed natural whites, off-whites, grays, browns and blacks.
Colors: Red, Teal, Pink, White.
Material: Berber Wool.
- Outlining the carpet: Male elements: straight lines and zigzags suggesting protection of the female elements taking center stage.
- Inside the main frame: Three bands, each one of them is home to a big diamond which sides keeps expanding toward the left and the right, suggestion the progression of the pregnancy and enlargement of the uterus.
- The big diamonds (female element synonym of women’s uterus and fertility) are made of little diamonds and hatched lines. The hatched lines are male elements symbolizing man’s virility.
- To the the top and bottom of the carpet, 2 bands representing half diamonds and pointed on the opposite direction of each other: The pregnancy is still in progress.
- Knot style: Symmetric
- Fringe: Thick, plaited and stopped by a simple knot
- Material: Berber Wool
- Wrap: Black
- Weft: Red and Black.
- Pile Knotted Decorations: Red, Teal, White, and Pink.
- Bottom end: Finished by an assemblage of threads into braided fringes and a horizontal black thread (chevron style).
- Top end: Finished by a horizontal brownish thread (chevron style).
- Decor ideas: This is what we call a "Conversation Piece", it can be used as a rug as well as a wall art. It will add an eclectic and classy feel to any space.
Care and Cleaning:
The kind of rug (Flat-weave, Knotted…etc)
The foot traffic
The rugs placement (Floor, sofa, or wall)
Dimensions: 3.06m 1.95m